Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cute sweater remake

Ok so I saw this really cute sweater while roaming on Pinterest the other day. The problem is that it's $130! I never spend that much on clothes, however if someone wants to buy it for me I wont object :)
It is found here http://www.backcountry.com/emu-yambulla-pullover-sweater-womens

cute
Well I may not be able to buy it, but I decided to try and make it instead. As with all of my sewing projects (or 97% of them at least) I don't have an actual pattern, what you see above is what I get. However I draw what I want on a piece of paper (I was going to add pockets, but didn't) and take my measurements and write it all out. Then I measure and cut. I wouldn't suggest this method for everyone, in fact my husband thinks I'm crazy, and I do make mistakes and have lots of unfinished projects because of this...nevertheless, it is what it is.

Originally I was going to make this with a grey sweater material, but that was a bust, as I couldn't get the neck to fall right =/ so I opted for a blue knit instead and love the way that it turned out! (Below is not the best picture and doesn't do the shirt justice, but it's the first time that I have ever done a cowl-neck so I am rather happy with the result.)



No comments:

Post a Comment