Friday, October 25, 2013

More than just pinning.

I'm in love with crafts and I have a huge crafty board on Pinterest that I've decided it's time to do "More than just pin" with. So here's a few of my recent crafts.

Cute little sock snowmen found here http://www.thenshemade.com/2011/01/sock-snowmen.html
I used beans instead of rice. Between the 2 of them, I used almost a whole 2 pound bag of beans. I also sewed the bottom and tops of the white socks so that if my kids get ahold of them, they will survive :) this cost me about $3 because I got my white socks at the dollar store and my bag of beans of course.

Kids fishing game found here http://www.designdazzle.com/2012/06/summer-camp-fish-game/

I used magnets instead of paper clips because my kids are still young a sure enough started flinging them around. My magnets were a little weak, but the little ones still enjoyed it. Also the fish were trial and error. I made a few big ones (the purple one) out of felt and just glued them together with a magnet in the middle. It was to big and heavy, so I made smaller fish and those seemed to work better. I didn't do any sewing just hot gluing :)

Toilet paper roll cars found here http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/bf/74/c6bf7421982a8d9aaac10918fdfb8606.jpg
There are no instructions just pictures, I think it's pretty self explanatory. You can do whatever you like with those extra roles! They didn't last long, but the kids enjoyed them for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment