Friday, October 1, 2010

Ladybug Pinata

My little girl turned one this year so I decided to do a ladybug theme. I knew that I wanted a Pinata and after searching everywhere for one I gave up and attempted my own. It's not store bought but it worked for what we wanted to do...soooo I cut out some cardboard in the shape of an oval plus the ladybugs head. Then cut out different pieces for the legs and antennas and taped them on. I didn't take pictures of each step but if you have any questions let me know! I cut paper into strips and taped it on. Then I painted it black, however I should have just used black paper. So if you decide to make your own I would pick up some paper that's colored to the color that you want. Then you cut it and tape it on. I also took a 3-5 inch wide piece (depending on how much space you want inside of your pinata) and hot glued it in between the two oval pieces that make the top and bottom of the ladybug. So far I have only attempted this pinata but it worked great! I think when the weather warms up again I shall try something else. Good luck with you experimenting! Oh and don't forget to insert something to tie the string too and to leave a hole in the back to put the candy in! I used a double thick pipe cleaner to tie the string to and it worked well, but if you had a zip tie or something that is stronger and more durable that would probably be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment